STANCE MATTERS -- RELEASING LATENT POTENTIAL
A caterpillar ‘knows’ what it has to become, its path of transformation is mapped out for it,
but transformation for us is a process of exploration, and to explore
we must travel over the horizon towards the unknown.
– Bill Sharpe
The purpose of Solonics Level I is to release the latent integral thinking capacities that exist within you. You know that something needs to change, but you are not sure what. You have a sense about the fragility of life on this planet. You are searching for functional and viable solutions for yourself and others.
It will be helpful at the outset for you to know that there exists an invisible megatrend of emergent human thinking systems that can resolve the complexity of the times. This new thinking, known as integral, is latent in many minds, yet is constrained by societal norms that were established in earlier, less complex times.
Whether you are a freelance practitioner of change, a leader within an organisation, or are simply interested in your own personal development, the stance you adopt as you navigate through increasingly complex times matters.
Why? The place in which you stand as you observe, think, design, and deliver has a dramatic affect on the outcome of your work. Stance matters. An integral stance is the essence of Solonic Practice.
This is what we mean by stance. It’s not what you do, it’s who you are; it’s not what you think, it’s how you think; it’s not what you were taught, it’s what you intuitively know that makes the difference.
This foundational level programme releases your latent integral capacities, builds your awareness of the fundamental patterns and deep dynamics of human change for the purposes of refining your integral stance.
Which competencies are developed? The ability to…
- Utilise integral theory as a metaphor, map, and compass for navigating through complexity.
- Recognise the patterns of human development that shape our thinking, our biology, our culture and social systems.
- Think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody sees.
- Navigate complexity using guiding principles rather than a rulebook.
- Craft win-win-wins for self, organisation, and planet.
What is the intent of this workshop?
To equip participants with the ability to nurture the emergence of integral consciousness in self and others, by learning to create the life conditions which support natural, intentional adaptation to changing life conditions.
What is Solonics?
Solonics is the art and science of human emergence. Solonics equips the participant with an unfolding wisdom for supporting self and others to adapt to changing life conditions. Solonics enables the participant to translate theory into reality.
- That stance matters — it’s not what you do, it’s who you are that makes the difference.
- The core dynamics and first principles of the invisible megatrend of human emergence.
- A foundational level understanding of Solonics.
- A range of practices that support application.
- How to self-manage your own emergence with sincere volition.
- Examples of application across many sectors.
Be able to…
- Recognise and support your own emergence and that of others.
- Recognise the surface patterns of the stages or waves of development in individuals, cultures, social, and business systems.
- Apply to your chosen context with quick benefit.
- Use 5 Deep Vital Signs assessments.
- An internal sense of how value systems are shaped at the most fundamental level.
- A rich and meaning-filled interactive journey informed by elegantly simple metaphors and multi-media.
- A collaborative journey towards integral mastery.
- An exploration of how to think in new ways about the challenges and barriers you may face.
Participants have said:
”Thank God I’m not going crazy! ”
“It was like having a veil lifted from my eyes. ”
Who will benefit from attending?
People who attend this event are interested in exploring new ways to make sense of the increasing complexity in the world around them.
Usually we have a range of experience in the room — from those who have already been introduced to integral thinking, to those who are exploring the territory for the first time. All are welcome, all will benefit. There are no prerequisites.
People who support or advise others will benefit especially advisors, coaches, facilitators, change agents, human resource professionals, teachers and faculty, leaders and managers in any context: business, government, non-profit, education, community, religion, etc.
- Read, A Theory of Everything, by Ken Wilber.
- Obtain a copy of the book, Spiral Dynamics, by Beck and Cowan.
- Complete online self-assessments.
- Unwrap your insatiable curiosity!
A Solonic Level I certificate of completion will be issued.
Who are the trainers?
Christopher and Sheila Cooke of 5 Deep are recognised internationally for their pioneering application of integral thinking. They operate as educators, advisors, mentors and speakers. They have a combined 30+ years experience pioneering comprehensive change efforts across all sectors in 15+ countries in the world.
Register for Programmes in 2016:
23 April 2016 through 18 June 2016 (We will skip 30 April and 28 May)
9:00 AM — 12:00 PM London
(Use this link to find your timezone.)
For more information, contact email@example.com